Life with kids is ALWAYS an adventure. And I have 3 who are only 3 years apart. (yes, we're crazy.) This is my place to capture the craziness in all it's glory, because childhood only happens once. (thank goodness!)

When you get tired of reading about my kids visit my other blog all about ME!

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Think Spring







The kids are DYING for it to be summer. Adam has been asking me for weeks how to get the sun out to melt to snow. So today there was no snow and he begged to go outside. I said sure as long as you wear a sweater (since it was only about 40 degrees out.) I thought it would last about 20 minutes. They played outside for 4 hours. 4 HOURS!!! I kept asking them if they wanted to come in and warm up for a few minutes but they kept saying no. They did at one point come in and get gloves on for their little popsicle hands. I had to practically drag them in kicking and screaming to get ready for bed. Just goes to show, kids get spring fever, too.




So imagine their utter disappointment to wake up this morning to this....



It was barely a skiff of snow but it may as well been a raging blizzard for as devastated as my kids were. I assured them that spring would be here very soon.

And then I began to think about what the warm weather means.....and I was reminded that I'll spend the summer hearing "Mom, we'll be taking our meals outside today, thanks."

Plus the never-ending pile of sand on the kitchen floor as they tromp in and out from the sandbox.

I must admit I'm looking forward to spring, too. But at least when the snow covered the ground you couldn't see any of my weeds....

No comments: