Life with kids is ALWAYS an adventure. And I have 3 who are only 3 years apart. (yes, we're crazy.) This is my place to capture the craziness in all it's glory, because childhood only happens once. (thank goodness!)

When you get tired of reading about my kids visit my other blog all about ME!

Monday, June 1, 2009

There may still be hope yet

The kids started in with the bickering early this morning. After playing cars together for about 10 minutes Zoey decided she wanted to play something else.

Of course this made Adam mad. He thinks Zoey should do whatever he wants her to do AT ALL TIMES. And he was NOT done playing cars and thought that Zoey needed to continue playing with him.

So he comes to me and starts laying it on think with the oh pity me act. "Mom, Zoey said she doesn't want to play with me anymore and that really hurts my feelings. It makes me so sad when she won't play with me and she shouldn't hurt my feelings. It's not nice."

Of course, by this time Zoey has followed him into the office as well and so he starts telling her how she is being mean and when she doesn't seem to care he smacks her with a throw pillow, sending her head backwards into the wall. Ouch!

Amazingly enough somewhere within the arguing and blaming they agreed long enough to pick a movie they wanted to watch.

So, after the head banging I sent Adam to his room. He cried that he didn't want to miss the movie (which I hadn't even put in yet) so I told him he'd better hurry to his room because the faster he got there the faster he could come out.

I then turned to Zoey and asked if she was ready to put the movie in. The same Zoey who was crying because her brother smashed her head into the wall. The same Zoey that was just yelling at her brother telling him "quiet, I don't want to hear it!" as he told her all about his hurt feelings. The same Zoey that parroted me when I told Adam to go to his room. "Yea, go to your room for being mean!"

This Zoey looked at me with those big blue eyes and was close to tears when she said "Mom, we can't put the movie in yet! Adam is still in his room and he doesn't want to miss it!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

boy oh boy does that sound like jonah and sophie!

orangemily said...

The love is in there somewhere, it's just deep down!

Jessica said...

Congratulations!

Your blog has been nominated for the 2009 Utah Baby Guide Blog Contest. The blog that gets the most votes wins! Voting ends June 30th, 2009.

Congratulations! You have a great blog!

Kindly,
Jessica Taufer
Editorial Director
Utah Baby Guide
j.taufer@utahbabyguide.com
http://www.utahbabyguide.com

HeidiPie said...

Wow!! Nominated for a cool blog. I agree! I'll vote. That is so sweet of her, sometimes I wish I were childlike like that and could forgive as if nothing ever happened.

Annj said...

I am always amazed at how easily kids can forgive. Great examples to us hardened parents -or rather me.