Life with kids is ALWAYS an adventure. And I have 3 who are only 3 years apart. (yes, we're crazy.) This is my place to capture the craziness in all it's glory, because childhood only happens once. (thank goodness!)

When you get tired of reading about my kids visit my other blog all about ME!

Thursday, June 5, 2008

To the moon

I was asking Adam this morning what he wanted to do today. We have stayed in the house for 2 days straight now and I was beginning to feel like a prisoner. I figured the kids must be a little stir crazy, too. Plus if we got out of the house I could ignore all the chores here that I don't want to do.

So, I ask Adam "What do you want to do today?" and he says "I want to play with trains and watch the wiggles and have a jammie day." sigh. I DON'T want to stay home and play trains! So I start suggesting activities, hoping he'll bite.

Would you like to go shopping? or to the Library? or to the museum? The park?

no, no, no he says. He wants to stay home and have jammie day.

Mike suggests, "Do you want to go to the moon?"

Adam gets an exasperated look on his face, lets out a big sigh, and says "Dad, the moon isn't a place you go in a car or a truck or a jeep."

So I asked "How do you get there then?"

"With a ladder. A really REALLY tall ladder."

and in case you were wondering....it is noon and the kids are in fact still in their pajamas. I think I'll load them up in the car in the jammies and at least go to the post office to mail some stuff because I have got to get out today!!!!!

3 comments:

Andria said...

Oh, I know how you feel!

Karen said...

I think Uncle Craig would beg to differ on the logistics of getting to the moon....or maybe it could be an idea that NASA has not yet explored. Glad to hear you all got out today.

orangemily said...

A ladder huh? Smart kid!